Latest Club News
- Our next club meeting is Friday, December 5th., usual place and time. See About>About Us for info and location. We have a new president for the next season, really an old new one. Come out and say "Hello". Bring in any projects you are working on for "Show and tell". Enjoy a coffee and chew the fat with your fellow club members.
- I have added a private section to the Membership> Members Information tab. It contains the 2014 and 2015 membership list and the club by-laws. Click on the "Members Area Only" box and use the 2015 gate code as the password, (make sure pop-ups are allowed for this site.) This will bring up another page where you can view and/or download the lists.
- Our first annual War Bird Rally went over in a big way. It looks like we may have another one next year. This time there will be more time for planning and hopefully will be attended by more visitors from other clubs. The weather could not have been better, better than most of the summer. There was food and drinks for all the people who attended.
- Our Summer Fun Fly was a great success also. Good weather and good food, especially the corn. Oh ya, the flying was also great.
- The new runway installation has been completed and seems to be working well. Student training has begun. Instruction days have changed and are posted on the Calendar page. The Spring Fun Fly was a success,-- good weather, good food, and good prizes. If you weren't there, you missed a great day.
- Guys, we have received ANOTHER complaint about people flying too close to their property on the east side of our field.....i.e. way past the railroad tracks. WE MUST KEEP AWAY FROM THE EAST SIDE OF THE FARMER'S FIELD AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE USE ONLY 1/2 THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE END OF OUR FIELD AND THE RAILROAD TRACKS. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON THE FLY TO THE RAILROAD TRACKS. THERE WILL SIGNS POSTED SHORTLY AT THE FIELD TO REMIND US ALL. (editor's note: haven't seen the signs yet) Here are the consequences.....we could lose our field quite easily! Can't make it any simpler than that!
- The Dropbox that Richard Staron has created has become quite a success. A bunch of members have put pictures of their latest creations and other things onto Dropbox for everyone to see. I have created a link to Dropbox at the bottom of this page. Just click on the icon to take you there. You can then view all the pictures. Send Richard an email and he will add your name so you can add some pictures of your own.
- In order for me to keep you guys up to date on anything of importance, I need a current email address for you. I get my information from your renewal forms that you fill in. If your email has changed recently, please advise me of your correct one. Just click on Contact Us above and send me an email. It can't get any easier.
Picture/Video of the Month
Here's something you don't see every day, a full size Extra 330 flying an aerobatic display along side of a 41% RC model of the same plane. Both aircraft perform the same manoeuver at the same time. Pretty awesome. Click on the picture below to start the video. Watch it in full screen HD if you can.
This was sent to me by Radu Neculaescu.